Most Useful Tractor Attachments for Professionals & Homeowners
A utility tractor is a powerful piece of equipment to have around the home, the farm, or the jobsite. Of course, in order to make it a truly versatile piece of equipment, you need to have the right attachments. While there are countless implements to consider, we’re highlighting our picks for the most useful tractor attachments!
At PowerPro Equipment, we’re your power equipment headquarters, specializing in everything from utility tractors to zero turn mowers and even large construction equipment. Tractors and tractor accessories are among our signature items. Keep reading to see our expert picks for the most useful tractor attachments that you should invest in first — and schedule your tractor test drive today!
Must-Have Tractor Implements to Buy First
While there is a whole range of specialized tractor attachments that make crucial tasks easier, we’re highlighting the versatile options that the majority of people will make use of on a regular basis. One more thing to keep in mind is that we aren’t detailing loaders — since they are SO essential, they come standard when you buy from PowerPro! Here’s our list of must-have tractor implements:
- Pallet Fork — Pallet forks are the number one must-have tractor implement simply because they are highly versatile — and tend to be very affordable, too. Pallet forks are used year-round for putting the power of your tractor to work for lifting a variety of different things. As the name implies, they can move heavy pallets of material, but they’re most often used to lift logs and brush around the homestead or farm.
- Backhoe — Almost everyone who makes use of their tractor on a regular basis gets use out of the backhoe attachment. On construction sites, backhoes are needed to dig trenches for burying waterlines or cables and for digging wells. On private property, backhoes make digging holes to plant trees and bushes much easier and more efficient.
- Backhoe Thumb Attachment — Since the backhoe is absolutely a must-have tractor implement, our next accessory makes it even more versatile. A thumb attachment is a metal clamp that allows the scoop of the backhoe to grip things. One of the most common uses for this in landscaping and construction is to carefully place things that would be too heavy to easily move any other way.
- Loader Mounted Snowblade or Pusher — There’s no question that this is among the most useful tractor attachments for landscaping crews. Adding a loader mounted snow blade or snow pusher to your tractor provides an inexpensive solution to augment your snow removal capabilities! For maximum ease of use, the blade attaches on the front of the tractor in place of the bucket.
See our guide to finding the best snow removal equipment.
- Rotary Cutter — Rotary cutters only do one thing, but they do it well! This attachment delivers huge time savings when you need to clear overgrown land. The blades of a rotary cutter make quick work of clearing an overgrown field or meadow, and they even cut down light brush that’s several feet high. Without one of these you’ll struggle to get an overgrown field back in usable shape.
- Post Hole Digger — This tractor implement can fulfill a wide range of uses for both homeowners and professionals alike. An attachment designed to dig round, uniform holes in the ground, this piece of equipment sees a lot of use by fence contractors, prior to placing fence posts. Homeowners often use this for planting a row of shrubbery or trees. Finally, some pole barn contractors consider this attachment a must-buy as it makes securing the framing poles much easier and more precise.
- Rotary Tiller — A truly must-have tractor implement on farms, a rotary tiller makes turning over the soil throughout the year much easier. Depending on the type of farm and crop, this chore will need to be done several times throughout the year. We say this is a must-buy because if you don’t have one of these tractor accessories, you’ll be left to rent one each time.
All of Our Tractor Accessories are Easy to Attach
The majority of these tractor accessories have a labor-saving component by making a hard job easier. Keeping with that theme, all of the attachments are easy to swap out on your own. Whether you’re attaching the accessory to the front or the back, the process will only require a few minutes and can always be done on your own. Generally, the majority of the attachments we sell come with an ultra-simple, yet secure two-lever system. If you have any questions about attaching and fitting these tractor accessories, you can request a demo at one of our showrooms.
Get Prices on Tractors and the Most Useful Tractor Attachments
When you’re ready to take the next step to shop and price check any of these 7 must-have tractor attachments, we’re here to help. When you work with PowerPro and visit any of our showrooms, you’re going to work with an expert. They’ll help you find the right equipment for what you need, show you how it works, and get you competitive pricing!