CDL Class A Truck Driver
Available at Ringoes, NJApply Now
LOCAL RUNS and NO OVERNIGHT TRAVEL. PowerPro Rents, located in Ringoes, NJ has an immediate opening for a CDL-class A Delivery Driver. The delivery driver is responsible for safely loading, delivering, and unloading construction equipment, such as excavators, forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, etc., to PowerPro Equipment customers. Additionally, after delivering the product, the Delivery Driver is responsible for professionally interacting one-on-one with customers, and explaining the proper use of the rented or purchased equipment. The Delivery Delivery is expected to possess and maintain a Class A CDL Driver’s License, proper DOT mandated medical certificate, and a driving record that reflects respect for other drivers and sound decision making.
- Load equipment onto/into trailer, rollback, etc in a safe manner.
- Drive safely to and from Customer locations (local runs, no overnight travel).
- Safely remove equipment from trailer, rollback, etc.
- Treat customers with respect and provide excellent customer service,
- Demonstrate and Instruct customer on proper use of equipment.
- Answer any customer questions and work
- Work with service and sales staff to follow-through on any questions beyond the scope of the Driver’s product knowledge.
- Assist with prep of rental equipment, when not delivering product.
- Wash equipment as directed, when not delivering product.
- Assist with minor service needs, when not delivering product.
- Observe all safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
- Treat management and other employees with respect and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Follow instructions and promptly respond to management direction.
- Work with integrity, always upholding company values.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with employees, vendors, and customers.
- Respond promptly to customer needs and manage difficult customer situations.
- Class A CDL Driver’s License Required.
- GED or High School Diploma Required.
- 1 year+ On-The-Road experience Required.
- Knowledge of how to use outdoor power equipment strongly preferred.
- Ability to understand and provide for customer needs.
- Positive attitude, exuding courtesy and helpfulness.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds and drive in all kinds of weather.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer focus, both internal and external.
- Self-motivated/comfortable working independently.
- Clean MVR and willingness to meet DOT physical and random drug test requirements per FMCSA regulations.