Parts & Service Advisor
Available at Multiple PA DealershipsApply Now
Do you enjoy Outdoor Power Equipment and Compact Tractors? Do you like working with people and solving problems? Are you mechanically inclined and detail-oriented? Finally – do you enjoy working on computers, viewing parts schematics, and completing sales?
If so, perhaps this job is for you!
PowerPro Equipment is an Outdoor Power Equipment Dealership with 8 locations, representing fantastic equipment – Exmark, Hustler Turf, Scag, Spartan Mowers, Toro, Intimidator, Mahindra, Branson, Ventrac, Stihl, and more!
The Parts & Service Advisor is responsible for the overall service success of their assigned Department. They must model and communicate The PowerPro Advantage to Customers and their Team, provide excellent customer service to current and prospective customers, and increase PowerPro’s reputation and develop business growth.
Customer Experience Champion:
- Greet Customers, walk-in or phone, with a supportive manner to earn their business
- Embrace and support positive change for Lebanon Location with all internal and external Customers
- Generate excitement for PowerPro products and services for all Customers
- Schedule service work for technicians in shop, in order of priority: new/used equipment sales, rental fleet and trades, Customer breakdowns, preventive maintenance
- Recommend repairs, provide estimates, and schedule/coordinate timely repairs for both external Customers, warranty repairs, and new/used/rental equipment prep for sale
- Complete necessary work order processing in computer system – including detail of work performed, parts used, time required – at time of service work completed
- Follow manufacturer warranty guidelines for pre-authorization and submittal of claims
- Ensure warranty claims are processed timely and follow through warranty status to maximize warranty recovery and minimize warranty receivables
- Collect payments from COD accounts at time of service, prior to returning equipment
- Coordinate return of equipment with delivery personnel
- Maintain PowerPro rental fleet in accordance with Rental Manager expectations
- Accept service work for Hustler, Toro, Spartan, Stihl, Branson, Mahindra, Ventrac, and other compact utility, turf, and outdoor power equipment
- Provide hands-on service work when necessary for training and teaching purposes
- Dispatch Snow Emergency and road service work when necessary
- Understand Key Performance Indicators and make decisions accordingly
- Oversee technicians’ schedule and ensure efficiency and profitability levels are achieved
- Provide ongoing review of service department operations to create a fantastic Customer experience and efficient service department operation
- Suggest training classes necessary for ongoing technician education and development
- Stay current on updates, warranty polices, service bulletins, manufacture requirements
Parts Department Operations:
- Conduct over the counter and phone sales of parts and accessories
- Assist Customers in identifying the correct part; provide lookup assistance and source the correct part per the Customer request
- Ask thorough questions; fully understand Customer need and recommend necessary parts, including upselling to Customer
- Communicate promotions to generate interest and add value to each opportunity
- Work with Parts Manager for special-order parts
- Accurately receive parts and distribute to service, Customers, or restock inventory
- Assist with outgoing parts shipments each day to ensure timely shipments to Customers
- Maintain clean, orderly, labeled parts showroom
Showroom Sales Assistance
- Assist with Showroom Sales when needed
All other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of Outdoor Power, Construction, Lawn & Garden Equipment sales and service experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and provide for the customer needs
- Positive attitude, exuding courtesy and helpfulness
- Organized and detail oriented, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds and work in all kinds of weather
- Team player, able to influence and build an effective Team.
- Ability to build relationships with and communicate/sell The PowerPro Advantage value to prospective Customers.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, web-based programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer focus, both internal and external.
- Self-motivated achiever to drive business results and build effective teams
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience