Parts & Service Manager
Available at York, PAApply Now
IMMEDIATE OPENING! An ideal candidate for the Parts & Service Manager position has experience with Lawn & Garden Equipment and/or Outdoor Power Equipment and can demonstrate management of a Parts and Service department. Do you like working with people and solving problems? Are you detail-oriented and organized? Do you have experience using computers, viewing parts schematics, and completing sales?
If so, perhaps this job is for you!
PowerPro Equipment is an Outdoor Power Equipment Dealership with 8 locations, representing fantastic equipment – Exmark, Hustler Turf, Scag, Spartan Mowers, Toro, Intimidator, Mahindra, Branson, Ventrac, Stihl and more!
We are looking for a Customer-oriented Parts & Service Manager to be responsible for assisting phone and walk-in Customers. Responsibilities include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products, recommend and order the right replacement parts and process any necessary work orders for servicing equipment. You should be able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. To be successful, you should stay up-to-date with service bulletins, replacement parts, and maintain our store’s visual appearance with high standards. Ultimately, the duties of a Parts & Service Manager are to achieve excellent customer service, while consistently providing accurate replacement parts advice to Customers.
Plus, the Parts & Service Manager will maintain optimum product stocking levels for the Service Team and work closely with the Showroom Team to order, stock and maintain an attractive Parts Display in the Showroom.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers needs and provide assistance with replacement parts lookup
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their questions
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- “Go the extra mile” to drive fantastic Customer Service
- Maintain in-stock parts
- Actively seek out customers in store
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Cross sell products
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Comply with inventory control procedures
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the store’s design)
- Proven work experience as a Parts and Service manager, Parts or Service associate, Sales representative or similar role
- Outdoor Power Equipment experience preferred
- Basic understanding of mechanical equipment customer service practices
- Proficiency in English
- Basic Math skills
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Familiarity with inventory procedures
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- High school diploma or equivalent