Available at Allentown, PA & Malvern, PAApply Now
Technicians needed! If you can work on compact tractors and diesel engines, come check us out! At PowerPro Equipment, service technicians ensure our Customers’ equipment operate at peak performance. The tech is responsible for prepping the equipment prior to delivery, setting up equipment to meet Customer expectations, and maintaining and repairing equipment to ensure long life. Techs play a critical role in the Company and ensure our Customers return for future business.
We offer competitive pay, efficiency bonus, and a great benefits package. You’ll receive on-the-job training and factory training opportunities as well. Qualified, entry-level technicians are eligible to receive up to $3,000 in assistance with required tools for the trade with our Tool Purchase Program. Experienced techs are eligible for up to $2,000 with the Tool Purchase Program each year.
We have multiple locations to choose from and have openings in the shop or road.
- Repair and maintain Hustler, Husqvarna, Spartan, Toro, Branson, Mahindra, Ventrac, and related tractor, Outdoor Power, and Turf Equipment
- Responsibilities include diagnosing engine, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical problems
- Perform service and repair at customer location using service van/truck
- Clearly explain (if called upon) to the customer’s satisfaction the diagnosis and repair of the machine in question
- Continually seek both technical and product training when available
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, improve and promote quality, and monitor own work to ensure quality
- Observe all safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly
- Work with integrity, always upholding company values
- Perform related responsibilities/accountabilities as required or directed
- Perform repairs within the time parameters as established by flat rate time or billed time with proper diagnosis
- Maintain an orderly and clean work area and assist with cleanliness in shop
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with employees, vendors, and customers
- Respond promptly to customer needs and manage difficult customer situations
- Completely fill out and turn in all work orders
- Study and review all relevant product repair updates
- Inspect, clean, and maintain all equipment used
- Report to the shop supervisor any hazards or faulty equipment
- Meet with supervisor to discuss the weekly repair trends, comebacks, and service problems
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude.
- 5 years of Outdoor Power Equipment service experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and provide for the customer needs.
- Positive attitude, exuding courtesy and helpfulness.
- Organized and detail oriented, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds and work in all kinds of weather.
- Valid driver license with good MVR.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus, both internal and external
- Self-motivated achiever
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience