How to Cut Grass Properly with Your Spartan Mower Zero Turn
Everyone notices and envies a lush lawn with beautifully mowed stripes and patterns. But when it comes to replicating that same level of care on your own property, it can feel discouraging not knowing where to start. At PowerPro Equipment, we want you to know there is NO shame in not knowing how to cut grass properly, which is why we are proud to be sharing these lawn mowing tips with you!
In today’s blog, you’ll discover how to cut grass properly, what tools you’ll need, the top brands to trust, and other lawn mowing tips to help you achieve your healthiest lawn yet!
Keep reading to learn more about how to perfectly mow a yard – or shop Spartan mowers for sale now.
How to Mow a Yard: 7 Lawn Mowing Tips
How you mow a yard, when you mow a yard, and what you mow a yard with all make a significant difference in the end-result of your labor. Whether you’re brand new to the life of homeownership or you’re ready to get serious about the aesthetic of your lawn, our experts are here to teach you not only how to cut grass, but how to cut grass properly.
To help your property look its best, follow these simple lawn mowing tips:
- Use the Right Mower for Your Yard: A beautifully mowed yard starts with the right equipment. There are a number of factors that may impact the type of lawn mower you choose, like the size of your property, the angle of your land, and your personal budget. Learn more about how to choose the best mower here – we often recommend Spartan mowers for sale!
- Mow Mid-Morning: Mowing wet lawns increases the risk of expensive equipment damage, since the soil is softer and more slippery, and the grass roots can be torn out by the mower tires more easily. Experts who know how to cut grass properly know that the best time to mow is mid-morning, just after the lawn is dry, and before the heat of the day!
- Diversify Mowing Patterns: Perhaps one of our best lawn mowing tips is to add variety to your mowing patterns! Doing this will help your grass stand up nice and tall as opposed to leaning in the one direction that it is used to being groomed into.
- Create a Mowing Schedule: When spring starts in earnest with warmer days and nights that stay above 50 degrees, you’ll want to mow every 6 to 7 days. Increase this frequency as summer starts to roll in and you become more confident in your knowledge of how to mow a yard properly. Learn more about how often to mow your yard in our blog!
- Keep The Blades Sharp: You can know all about how to mow a yard, but if you’re doing it with dull blades, you virtually labor in vain! Dull blades rip up grass causing unsightly brown edges and weakening the overall health of your lawn. A lawn mowing tip from the pros? Schedule annual lawn mower maintenance and repair to not only keep your blades sharp, but keep performance efficient until next season!
- If It’s Sloped, Trust Spartan: If your property has hills, slants or slopes, finding a lawn mower that can tackle it safely is ideal to your success of how to cut grass properly! As lawn equipment professionals, we highly recommend shopping Spartan mowers for sale at your local dealer for the best assistance!
- Let the Clipping Lay: This last lawn mowing tip may seem controversial, but it’s scientifically proven to aid in the health of your backyard ecosystem! Sometimes after cutting the grass, leave the clippings there: they’ll produce vital nutrients and add moisture into the soil.
Still not sure how to mow a yard confidently? Contact the team at PowerPro Equipment for personalized lawn mowing tips or outdoor equipment recommendations.
Discover Spartan Mowers for Sale
Now that you have a better understanding of how to mow a yard, it’s time to get you equipped with the tools you’ll need to achieve that enviable appearance!
Spartan mowers for sale are built for everything from rugged terrain and tall grass to simple everyday use with ease. Their zero-turn mowers bring precision, excellence and meticulous power to yards of all sizes. So, no matter if you are well experienced or a total newbie, Spartan mowers for sale will make YOU perform like a pro.
Discover why to choose a Spartan mower over the rest – or browse our selection online now!
Cut Grass Like an Expert with Equipment from PowerPro!
When it comes to lawn mowing tips and advice, look no further than the experts at PowerPro Equipment. Our team of seasoned professionals is dedicated to helping you get the most out of your outdoor equipment – whether that’s a new Spartan mower or practical advice on how to properly cut grass.
We carry an extensive selection of high-end outdoor power equipment from leading brands such as Spartan. With our helpful team and fantastic selection, you’ll be sure to find the perfect mower for your needs – and some great tips on how to get started!