Welder/ Hydraulic Cylinder Service Technician
Available at Quakertown, PAApply Now
- Welding Components of Hydraulic Cylinders – Essential skill for this position
- Proficient or mastery level welding skills in MIG, FLUX CORE, STICK, and TIG of all metals
- Uses welding techniques to join base plates, cross tubes, port blocks and rod end to cylinder tubes and rods.
- Welds attachments and components as specified by drawings.
- Capable of fabricating fixtures for complex assemblies when necessary.
- Knowledge and experience with precision tools/applications as used with hydraulic cylinders fabrication and assembly.
- Knowledge and experience welding to meet tolerance specifications for hydraulic cylinders.
- Hydraulic Cylinder Disassembly and Assembly – As needed: Assists as a secondary responsibility if/ when welding job orders are complete.
- Inspecting and evaluating hydraulic cylinders, pumps, and hydraulic components
- Measuring and evaluating tolerances based upon required specifications
- Providing recommendations for repair and remanufacturing
- Disassembling cylinders, remanufacturing worn components
- Hone hydraulic barrels
- Replacing worn or defective parts, seals, components
- Reassemble hydraulic cylinders and components with accuracy and precision
- Follow specifications for torquing and assembly requirements
- Test for operation
- Determine need for adjustments or repairs
- Quality Control
- Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Maintain specifications by observing, including operations
- Taking accurate measurements
- Demonstrates Excellence in quality both in welding and assembly of cylinder.
- Safety Operations
- Observe all safety practices
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, follow manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, call for repairs
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Detecting malfunctions
- Troubleshooting processes
- Report all safety concerns to supervisor
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude; specific to hydraulic cylinders is required.
- Organized and detail oriented, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Commitment to accuracy and quality
- Reading comprehension and writing
- Quality Control Analysis
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate metal cutting and fabrication tools such as welder, cutting torch, metal cutting band saws and other saws, grinding wheel, angle grinder, etc.
- Conversant with hydraulic components and operation
- Applied knowledge of hydraulic pressure and testing
- Self- motivated achiever
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma /GED required.
- Technical Degree or Vocational Technical Diploma Strongly Preferred.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience